We are pleased to advise that the club will be open from THURSDAY 21st MAY for all PRESENT OUTDOOR MEMBERS to be able to have a 2 hour ROLLUP sessions DAILY.
Bookings of sessions must be done through the CLUB SECRETARY ONLY, by telephone or e-mail.
Please read the separate notice regarding playing arrangements as below
SESSIONS WILL BE:
10.30 - 12.30, 13.00 - 15.00, 15.30 - 17.30, 18.00 - 20.00 (If needed)
Check Rink Availability for details
Tel: 01208 73111
Covid-19: Supplementary Guidance for Lawn Bowls Clubs Approved by Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) – May 14th 2020
1. Clubs – Summary of Recommended Action
Bowls England recommends that all clubs follow the guidance below (the guidance may be adapted if necessary for your club, so long as it remains consistent with Government advice and social distancing requirements):
• Off-site booking system for rink allocation (i.e. Google Calendar)
• Minimum of 20 minutes between allocated time slots to enable players to arrive/depart safely
• Clubs to communicate in advance with players to advise on social distancing requirements that are being applied on arrival at the club – for example not leaving cars until a certain time before their allocated time slot • Only play on alternate rinks e.g. 1, 3, 5 OR 2, 4, 6 (keep an empty rink between rinks that are being played on)
• Maximum of six players on club premises at any one time (assuming average of two people per rink who are not from the same household). Clubs may wish to increase this number if more than two people from the same household are to participate on the same rink.
• No visitors/spectators to be admitted to the club
• Capping the number of occasions a player can book a rink each week to ensure that the available capacity is distributed fairly
The following playing formats are in accordance with Government guidelines:
• Individuals playing bowls on their own on a single rink
• Two individuals from two different households playing on a single rink (no marker)
• Members of the same household on a single rink (no marker unless from same household) Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
Clubhouse and Facilities
• Until further notice, all clubhouses must be closed
• Limited essential access (for example to use the toilets and hand washing facilities) may be allowed by the club
• Sanitiser must be available for cleaning hands and equipment before and after playing
• No rubbish bins – players must take any rubbish away with them Social distancing rules must be strictly adhered to; you must remain at least two metres apart from other bowlers (who are not part of your household) at all times.
Bodmin Bowls Club has an excellent all year facility consisting of a 6 rink OUTDOOR green which can be extended to play 7 rinks if required. There is also a superb INDOOR green consisting of 4 rinks which can also accommodate an extra rink if required. There is a very large parking area and seating for spectators.
As well as the playing areas we have a fully licensed bar & seating for 60 people, allowing social evenings for members & their guests with quiz nights & bingo just a few of the events frequently held.
The club is open all year except for a few bank holidays. The OUTDOOR season is approx the middle of April to the middle of September. There are leagues and competitions that appeal to all standards of players from friendlies through to County & National level.
Touring teams are always welcome, we offer very friendly games both Indoor & Outdoor. Please call for details.
There is a club coach available to advise & assist you if required.
Visitors are welcome to come & try and see if they would like to play & join the club.